- Basse Terre Island
- 0 Review
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as per Itinerary
- Speaking tour guide
Historique Distillery – Bologne
Nestled amongst the sugar cane fields in front of the majestic volcano La Soufrière and less than 10 minutes away from the famous Historic town of Basse Terre, is an old world distillery established in the 1887s, Bologne.
Join your guide on the Bologne tour and journey into the heart of this working distillery; along the way you’ll learn the centuries old rum making process still in use today. Explore the picturesque grounds surrounding the Great House and get lost in the history of this magnificent estate before sampling the award winning rums.
The rums from this historic distillery get their unique flavors from the island’s tropical humidity and the volcanic smiles of the sugarcane fields sloping down from La Soufrière. Bologne is open all year, but the best time to visit is during the harvest, usually late January through early June. That’s cher you can see the distillery in action.
- Visit Bologne an old world distillery established in the 1887’s
- Enjoy a welcome drink before joining your guide on the tour
- Learn the history of the estate and witness the rum making process
- Sample the award winning rum after which lunch will be served
- Buy a bottle of rum at the gift shop as a souvenir
- Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour duration is not inclusive of travel time to tour location
- All tours are weather permitting
- Age & Weight restrictions may apply
- Need More Information? Contact us
1:00 hours approx.
What to Bring:
- Insect Repellent
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not accessible for the physically challenged
- Not recommended for people with respiratory or heart problems